Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anna (Hedengren) Dunn




Life at PHS with all of you was great, but no offense, it just keeps getting better. Here's what I've been up to.

About three weeks after graduation I hopped over to BYU and got to work. I majored in Botany/Premed and my sophmore year started dating my roommate's younger brother. He left on a mission to Sydney Australia Chinese speaking, six months later I headed off to the Taiwan Taipei mission (also Chinese speaking, and we even had the same MTC teacher which caused me no end of teasing since I was the only sister in my district.) Dell got back, a week later I got back (he likes to say he waited for me) and soon we were engaged. We married in January 99 and I graduated from BYU in 2000. By then Dell was premed too and and I thought one doctor in the family was enough. So instead of heading off to medical schoo I got a job a Nu Skin to help put Dell through school. I was surprised how much I loved my job at Nu Skin; though I guess getting to travel all over Asia made things more fun. I did press conferences all over South East Asia and spent so much time in Kuala Lumpur it feels like a second home. I had a fun fun job. (I even once spoke in front of thousands in a Star Trek costume-- crazy!) Then my husband started medical school in Wisconsin and after a year of commuting every other week back to Provo I decided I'd had enough. But oh the frequent flier miles I accumulated!

We survived 4 years of Wisconsin winters though we loved the cross country skiing, then moved to San Antonio Texas where the winters are much more pleasant. (I'd rather bike than ski.) My husband is in his radiology residency with the Air Force. We have two fabulous kids. Henry 4 and Lizzy 5 months. We love traveling (we've done Europe, Asia, Central America, and plan to take the kids to Europe again this fall. Hopefully Lizzy travels as well as Henry.) I also love reading, exploring, figuring out how to garden in Texas, and home improvement projects.

We are horrible picture takers though and I realized we don't have a single family picture with Lizzy in it. So you'll have to make due with this one of us kayaking in Cabo San Lucus. I'm 5 months pregnant so technically Lizzy is there. There's also me and Henry in Germany and a picture of Lizzy so you know she does exist.

No comments: