Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kristina (Hodson) Moore



As soon as I graduated from PHS, I escaped from the boundries of Utah County for the exotic wilds of Salt Lake City. Not very far away, it is true, but it was a completely different world than I had been living in! I attended the University of Utah from 1994 to 1999. I originally planned on doing Pre-Med and becoming a doctor. That plan lasted all of 3 quarters. I was surrounded by seriously OCD people that argued with the professor over 1 missed point on tests and I decided to jump ship. I still wanted to do something science related, but since I was single with no immediate plans to change that status, I also needed a major that would be lucrative after graduation. I majored in Medical Laboratory Science. I loved my program. I could have gone to Medical School after this program and not had to study the whole first year. When I graduated from the U, I entered the workforce as a Medical Technologist working for ARUP Laboratories. There I learned that I REALLY don't want to be a doctor...I want to have a life NOW, not later after all the residency and fellowships and all that stuff would be over. I work with doctors every day, some are my really close friends, but I see their sacrifices and would not trade my life for theirs for all the world!

I met my husband, Nathan Moore, in May, 2002. We married in the Bountiful Temple in April, 2003. We went to England on our honeymoon. I was thrilled! It was the first time I was out of the country for real...I don't count Canada as "out of the country". It was a blast!

We have just been doing normal life things for the last 6 years. We have 3 beautiful children: Evelynn (Evie) is 4, Henry is 2 and Julianna is 9 months. I tried my hand at having my own photography business, which was a ton of fun, but I spent more money than I ever made. I love photography, but the business just didn't fit with my life. Besides travelling to Southern California to visit my parents, we have travelled to Guatemala, Mexico and Honduras.

My husband finished his MEd degree in December 2008 and will be doing a PhD in Education Policy and Law starting in 2011, hopefully. After he is done with school I want to go back to school and study fun things like art history, photography, and history.

We now live in Kearns. Our life is pretty normal...busy, busy, busy, but also a ton of fun!

No comments: