Monday, March 30, 2009

Amberlyn (Weiss) Wood





When I graduated from Provo High I had high hopes of becoming a Elementary School Teacher. Melinda (Olson) Lamont persuaded me to join her at Utah State University. Although I enjoyed my time in Cache Valley tremendously, I found out that a teaching career was not for me. After a year up in Logan I headed home and started attending UVSC while I tried to decide what to do with the rest of my life. I decided to go on a mission. I knew this was expensive so I started working two jobs to try and save up. Then along came Brent Wood. We went on a few dates and he asked me what my plans were. I told him and soon after this conversation he told himself, "She's not going on a mission, she's going to marry me." And I did. We met on Thanksgiving Day and were engaged a week before Christmas. Yes people, that's about 3 weeks. We have been married for 13 years. We now live in Spanish Fork. And to my surprise there aren't too many wranglers or ten gallon hats. We actually love it here. We have 6 children. Jaren (11), Hannah(10), Isabel and Annika (our twins who are 8), Beckham(5), and Grace (16 months). At first I banged out the kids having 4 under the age of 3. I figured I needed a break and took one for about 3 years. I thought I was finsihed having kids but apparently not, along came Grace. I really enjoy being a Mother. Aside from being so busy I have taken the opportunity to travel a little. I've been to Washington D.C. several times to visit my sister and we love Disneyland. I also enjoy taking my half dozen children to museums, parks and canyons. Every where I go I get stares and comments like "Boy, you've got your hands full." Yes, yes I do. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: