Monday, March 23, 2009

Dave Barry




I went on a mission to Chile from '95 - '97, got married in '98 to Emilee Jorden from Billings, MT. Met her in orchestra class up @ Ricks College. From there we went on to BYU for a couple of years, then on to Dental School in Portland, OR, then did a dental residency in Oklahoma City. I finished that in 2006 and have been practicing here in Orem for the past 3 years with my dad. I am a general dentist.

Over the past 11 years we have had 5 beautiful kids: Leah (10), Tyler (8), Michael (6), Ellie (4), & Camryn (she will be 9 mos. @ the time of the reunion). My family brings me more joy than anything else except for the gospel and the Atonement of our Savior. Families are truly God's gift to us.

We plan on staying here for the rest of our lives. We love it here. After living outside of Utah for 6 years we decided that there's no place like home. What a beautiful place to live!

Some of my hobbies include reading, spending time with Em and our kids, and all the sports related to triathlons. I have been doing triathlons since I finished dental school and have loved them. It gives me a good variety of sports to train for at the same time. It helps me stay in shape and stay excited about it. I plan on doing a few this summer.

What's the most interesting thing I've done since graduating from High School? Well, a mission, starting a family, finishing an education, but most everybody has done those things. What else . . . ? I grew a chest hair that was about 6 inches long and so thin it could barely be seen . . . when my shirt was off it would just float in the breeze. No joke. I really did.

Then it fell off.

Sad day.

My chest has been a barren and lonely place since then.

3 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

That totally made me laugh about the chest hair!

caseyann said...

Your still a funny guy! It's great to read what you've been up to.

Maren said...

Dave your kids are so cute!