Saturday, March 7, 2009

Katy Knight


The last 15 years ...
After high school I went to BYU . When I turned 21 I served a mission in San Antonio TX and then returned to BYU. I graduated in 2000 with a BA in biology teaching degree. I then started a masters degree in Botany also at BYU. While working on my masters degree I actually taught zoology at Provo High - it was the year after Mr. Webb retired.

After that I decided to move to Pennsylvania and work on a PhD in agriculture at Penn State. I lasted one semester and came home. Needless to say, I hated it. At that point I came back to Utah and substitute taught almost every day at Provo High. That spring I got a job at American Fork Junior High for the following year where I taught biology and seventh grade science for three years. I then got a full time job at BYU working as the education coordinator at the Bean Life Science Museum. I am currently still at this job and I am also working on a PhD in Instructional Psychology and Technology at BYU. I figured I might as well since BYU will pay for it. I still have 2.5 years left but I enjoy it.

I coach girls basketball at American Fork High School and I'm super stoked cause our team took state this year - the first year ever for AFHS. Don't worry folks - I'm still a bulldog!

No comments: