Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kristy (Snow) Linton




Almost immediately after graduating from PHS I moved in with my newly
divorced, 43 year old boyfriend (I know crazy, right?). I worked at the
Provo Shopko and went to U.V.S.C.
I graduated in 1996 with an Associates degree in Biology. At the time I
was bound and determined to become a doctor. From there I shrugged off
my elderly boyfriend and moved to Salt Lake to follow a guy who I met at
U.V.S.C. I wanted to find out if he was the guy for me. I enrolled at
the University of Utah majoring in Chemistry.

As it turns out he wasn't the guy for me and neither was med school.
While I was majoring in Chemistry I got a job at Zions Bank to help put
myself through college. I really enjoyed working there and eventually
changed my major to Finance. It was a good thing that I did. I met my
wonderful husband, Nick Linton at the University of Utah Business
College in March 1998. We were married the next year! We both
graduated from the U of U in 2000 with our Bachelors degrees in Business
and settled in West Valley City. After several years of trying to have
children we were finally blessed with twin boys in 2002! Alex and
Anthony are now rambunctious 7 year olds that keep me very busy when I'm
not at work.

After 10 years with Zions Bank I left and was hired by Lehman Brothers
Commercial bank in 2007. The very next year Lehman Brothers filed for
bankruptcy becoming the largest casualty of the global credit crisis.
Luckily, the office here in Salt Lake City was not effected too much by
the bankruptcy and we are still going strong having changed our name to
Woodlands Commercial Bank. I am a portfolio manager. I manage the
Commercial Real Estate portfolio for the Bank.

My husband and I enjoy the great outdoors. We've taken the boys to
almost every National Park within Utah. I really love running and if my
knees don't give out I'll run a marathon next year. I have run several
5ks, in fact, I'm running in the Provo Freedom Festival 5k this year
with my sister. Hopefully, I'll see some old friends there :-)

1 comment:

hidil76@yahoo.com said...

Kristy it is so great to see that you are doing well. You have a beautiful family. I knew you would find a wonderful man. Congradulations on school. It is wonderful to see you looking so happy! Love Hidi Pullman