Friday, April 3, 2009

Carin (Wells) Lea





I graduated from high school thinking I wanted nothing more than to
become a professional dancer, so naturally I jumped at the first
opportunity that presented itself. For several years I performed on
Cruise ships, in trade shows, and in the theater, traveling in the
Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and around the US. I attended school in
between contracts and earned my associates degree from Dixie College.
In the process I discovered myself and found life had much more to
offer me.

I decided to serve a mission and was called to Nagoya, Japan. My
Japanese instructor in the MTC was a dynamic, high-spirited Lea Sensei
whose teaching methods were a huge asset to me as I was asked to teach
not only in Japanese, but in Spanish and Portuguese. Eventually, I
did get a chance to thank Lea Sensei. We met on campus at BYU several
months after I returned and were married the following year. Since
that time, Eric and I have both graduated with our Bachelors degrees
from BYU, and he recently completed his MBA at the University of Utah.
We currently live in Las Vegas with our three children, Afton, Eliot,
and Simon. I am expecting another boy in November.

I still love to dance, but I enjoy it as a hobby now, rather than a
profession. I teach jazz at a local studio and offer classes in music
and movement to toddlers. Aside from my children, whom I ADORE, I
find joy in reading, writing, and outdoor physical activity. Eric
began competing in triathlons two years ago and, as usual, his
enthusiasm has rubbed off. The whole family--including my
children--now run, bike, and swim. I completed my first Duathlon in
February. I'm not as smooth an athlete as my husband--fell off my
bike twice--but you can't beat the sense of accomplishment. BTW, you
marathoners are amazing! Few things make me happier than green grass,
a cheery yellow wall, or a sunset on Timp. mountain. Only to be
topped by quality time with my family. I consider myself a pretty
lucky lady.

No comments: